Position: Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Division Director
Organization: US Environmental Protection Agency
Location: Arlington, VA
EPA's Office of Research and Development (ORD) National Center for Environmental Assessment (NCEA) is seeking an internationally recognized scientific leader to fill its Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Division Director position. The IRIS Division Director is responsible for the scientific leadership of the IRIS program and will have substantial hands-on involvement and participation in the scientific assessments and research of the staff. The Director will:
- Lead the EPA in managing the IRIS program
- Engage high level decision makers and scientists on human health risk assessments
- Protect human health and the environment for future generations
To apply, send the following information by October 15, 2013:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages), describing your experience in leading a research program and how your experience relates to the duties of this position
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three references
- Citizenship status
- Compensation requirements
- How you heard about this vacancy
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com or mailed to the attention of Ms. Dorothy Carr, U.S. EPA, HRMD, MD-C639-02, RTP, NC 27711. Electronic submission of application materials is strongly encouraged. Applications sent via email must be submitted in MS Word, portable document format (PDF), rich text format (RTF), or plain text. Use of other formats may invalidate your application.
For additional information, Ms. Carr also can be reached at (800) 433-9633. Technical questions pertaining to this vacancy may be addressed to John Vandenberg at (919) 541-4527.
The U.S. EPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.