ResponsibilitiesThe CSELS Director will have broad operating authority and responsibility for overall planning, direction and management of the Center. S/he will:
- Lead and manage the various Center programs to achieve the agency and Center goals and objectives. Establish partnerships with other CDC centers/offices and serve as a resource for the agency’s public health surveillance and prevention programs, and applied research and services activities.
- Provide scientific guidance and leadership to international, national, state, tribal and/or local government agencies, universities, health-related organizations, private and public foundations, and professional associations, in activities to improve critical public health problems and issues.
- Provide consultation and maintain liaison with other state and federal health agencies as well as foreign countries.
Skills and expertise requiredApplicants should possess proven, senior-level experience leading and directing the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects in surveillance, epidemiology or laboratory services. Applicants must also demonstrate a successful record of innovation, coordination and collaboration in advancing efforts to improve the public’s health.
Degree Requirements: MD, PhD or equivalent degree.
Salary: $118,846 – $199,700
*Note: Executive level compensation package is commensurate with qualifications and experience, which may result in a higher salary than reflected above.
How to ApplyApplications are NOT accepted via email. To be considered, apply before midnight EDT on 9/13/2013 using the appropriate link from below.
- MD’s, PhDs, and equivalent: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/345885600?share=email
- MD’s only: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/346215600?share=email
Questions may be directed to Vicki Hunter at email@example.com or 404.808.8321.