The syndromic surveillance stakeholder community is invited to provide comments on Release 1.3 of the PHIN Messaging Guide for Syndromic Surveillance now through December 21, 2012.
- Clarifying ambiguities from Release 1.0
- Responding to stakeholder feedback on prior releases
- Incorporating guidelines recommended by the ISDS Meaningful Use Workgroup for inpatient syndromic surveillance data
- Facilitating the formation of syndromic surveillance data exchange between hospitals (now including inpatient) and public health agencies
- Consolidating and clarifying hospital EHR conformance requirements for Meaningful Use certification