Date: Thursday, February 24th, 2011; 12:00-1:30 pm EST
The webinar will introduce the ISPRS Health Working Group and its upcoming Symposium on "Advancing Geospatial Technologies for Health," as well as its in-progress book entitled Environmental Tracking for Public Health Surveillance. Two contributing authors/editors, Richard Kiang and Clara Witt, will present overviews on their chapters.
Under the ISPRS Remote Sensing Applications and Policies Technical Commission (Commission VIII), a new Health Working Group (WG VIII/2) has been formed to better understand how the applications of Earth observing technologies can contribute to knowledge of the natural environment's role in shaping environmental and infectious diseases. The Working Group has several upcoming activities that may be of interest to ISDS members, which will be highlighted during the webinar:
- Symposium on "Advances in Geospatial Technologies for Health," to be held on September 12th and 13th, 2011 in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Upcoming book entitled Environmental Tracking for Public Health Surveillance, to be published by Taylor and Francis. Featured ISDS members include Taha Kass-Hout, MD, MS and Elena Naumova, PhD.
- Amy Budge, Health Working Group Chair, Earth Data Analysis Center, University of New Mexico
- Stan Morain, Health Working Group Secretary, Earth Data Analysis Center, University of New Mexico
- Richard Kiang, Health Working Group Co-Chair, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Clara Witt, VMD, MPH, Captain, USPHS, and InterAgency Liaison, Armed Forces Health Surveillance Center